Thursday 19 March 2009

Jewellery Class show off

As some of you know I have been going to a Silversmithing course for a few months and I thought I would do a quick LO of the 2 rings I have made. I will photograph some of the other stuff soon too but I did these first cos I am so pleased with them.



The LO is very plain because I didn't want anything to take away from the rings themselves. The Alpha is Earwig Factory by Marie Stones at Free Digital Scrapbooking and it is one of the first ones I found when I was looking for free stuff so that I could give digiscrapping a go. I love the vivid colours against the black background. The overlay used to make the paper aged is by a very talented lady called Gunhild who has some great freebies on her blog. She also has some cool tutorials that show you how to use the overlays etc.

I am really enjoying the jewellery class and would love to try some beading as well. It is lovely to be able to wear something you have made yourself and know it is unique. I am going to have a go at making some pressies for Christmas this year using silver and then I can make scrapped boxes to give them in.

Let me know what you think of the rings and the LO, I love getting feedback.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the rings. It is great to be ale to wear something you've made yourself, especially when someone asks about it and you get to say "oh this, I just finished it" like its the easiest thing in the world to do:)

Zena said...

Loving the rings and digi pages. Will definately be signing up for PWL The Sequel. I'm also off to CJs Bootcamp in May - can't wait.

Helen said...

I am going to have a go at making some pressies for Christmas this year using silver and then I can make scrapped boxes to give them in.

They're beautiful. Going to hold you to that at Christmas :)