Monday 13 October 2008

My first attempt at a layout

I have just discovered digital scrap booking so I am sure what follows in this blog is not going to be of a very high standard but it is just the start of my learning curve so I am sure I will improve as I go along.


Why digital scrap booking?

Well I have tried normal scrapping and managed to do a layout that I was very happy with first time but it is quite time-consuming and I found that lots of little hands suddenly appeared when I got all my papers, embellishments and ribbons out, all wanting to help mummy create something beautiful. Unfortunately by the time the little hands had finished there was often glue, glitter, brads, ribbon etc etc all over the place. Digital scrapping seemed like a much cleaner and tidier solution so I thought I would give it a go.

I spent this morning scouring the web (don't you just LOVE google) for freebies that I could downlaod and have a go with and I found a fantastic site called - would you believe it - http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com

I downloaded their free Beach Bum video tutorial and kit and set out to do my first layout. Disaster struck when I could not get the voice on the video to work so I watched it in silence but managed to pick up enough of the gist of what was happening to have a go myself. The kit was a great basic starter kit and using Photoshop Elements 7 I found it really easy to use. The best thing about digital scrapping is that it is so easy to change things so you don't need to be so worried about making mistakes - I made plenty.

Anyway here is my first layout. What do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to your new blog :)

Great layout - now you have started, there will be no stopping you!

I have lots of freebie links and sites if you wish.

Jazzy said...

Yes please.

Zena said...

Great layout Karen - well done.
I have been thinking of doing some Digi and JanMary's layouts are a great inspiration. I shall tune in again to see how you're getting on:)